Watch kids around water at all times.
- Never leave small children alone near water inside or outside the house. This includes pools, lakes, bathtubs, or even toilets.
- Never leave a baby alone in a bath for any reason. Get what you need before you start, and take the baby with you if you leave.
- Warn babysitters or caregivers that young children need constant supervision near water.
- Make sure toddlers can’t slip out of the house and get to pools or hot tubs.
- Secure swimming pools with fences and self-closing and latching gates.
- Don’t leave toys in or near water where they may attract a small child.
- Don’t assume young children will use good judgment around water.
- Be ready for emergencies! Learn CPR and keep emergency phone numbers handy.
- Find out if your child’s friends or neighbors have pools and know these safety tips.
Do you need CPR training?
Contact us for an upcoming training session Palestine.
These tips are from Texas Department of Family & Protective Services.
For more tips, please visit their website.
Dogwood Trails Child Care Conference
Southside Baptist Church, Palestine
June 29, 2013
The conference will be held Saturday, June 29, 2013 with pre-registration to begin at 7:30 a.m. Speakers will begin at 8:00 a.m. and conclude at 1 pm. Topics will include child care licensing updates, disaster management in the child care setting, poison control, children and screen time as well as age appropriate activities.
The conference is featuring a well-respected speaker, Eduardo Sanchez, M.D., M.P.H., FAAFP. Dr. Sanchez is deputy chief medical officer for the American Heart Association National Center. He has an extensive background with children’s health and childhood obesity. He will be the keynote speaker and his primary focus will be on nutrition and the health of the child.
Pre-Registration is $35.00 and increases to $50 at the door or if not postmarked by June 19. Participants my register by sending payment and a completed registration to the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Office Houston County c/o Mandy Patrick, 716 Wells Street, Crockett Texas 75835. Brunch will also be provided along with opportunities to network with other participants in the field and visit with vendors and view exhibits.
Dogwood Trails child care conference participants will receive up to 5 clock hours plus 1 additional hour from 1:00-2:00pm for those needing training on Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, Shaken Baby Syndrome and Early Brain Development.
For more information, please contact Holly Black, Family & Consumer Sciences Extension Agent at 903-723-3735 or email@example.com.
2nd Annual Live Radio Show and Dinner
Palestine Area Radio Theater
War of the Hoses
…a hilarious comedy about the struggle
between a man and his dog for domination of the back yard…
Anderson County Champions for Children
Saturday, April 27, 2013
6 PM Dinner
Pork Loin, Baked Potato, Salad,
Live show starts at 7PM Sharp
R.S.V.P. to secure your seat and meal
Meals on Wheels of Palestine
200 N. Church
Palestine, Texas 75801
Tickets $25 per person $40 per Couple
Table sponsors available
(Dinner for 8 and Ad on the radio)
Ads are $250.00 for (3) 30 second spots.
(your information – we write the ad)
Limited ads available.
Sponsored by KNET
The live radio broadcast can be heard on KNET or via the KNET stream at http://www.youreasttexas.com
Your support qualifies as tax-deductible. Cash, real estate, stocks, planned giving, memorials and annual pledges as well as in-kind donations are needed and all qualify.
We welcome and encourage members of the community to actively participate with your invaluable gifts of time and service.